Thursday, September 23, 2021

When will I pull the pin?

This Friday I will record a video post to mark the ten-year anniversary of Tiny Bible Bits.

This blog, as of August, has just clicked over into its thirteenth year.

But, should they last forever?

Should they go for another decade?

If not, when should they fade into the abyss of the internet?

How should they be taken to the top paddock and out down like Old Yeller?

Frankly, I’m not sure.

I’m not sure, primarily, because the reasons for their beginnings have now passed.

I’m no longer driven to reach teens as a youth minister.

I’m no longer concerned about “my brand” in youth ministry.

So, should they be eliminated now?

Will this be my last post?

No.

For, I still enjoy posting on both.

And, while my circumstances have changed, I still like having a forum to post and share my musings.

And, particularly for Tiny Bible Bits, people still read them.

But, I very much doubt that I’ll still be posting when I’m in my retirement years.

Maybe neither will see out the end of the decade.

Probably not.

But, as long as I enjoy it, have time and have inspiration, I’ll go for a while longer.

Then they can join the graveyard of blogs and Facebook groups online…

No comments: