Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Summer goal learnings

First of all... learnings is not a real world. I know. Someone should inform 2020. Learnings were everywhere...

Anyway... I may not be the greatest mathematician in the world, but even I know that 2 out of 7 is a fail.

This was the outcome of my summer goals.

2 Successes. 5 Fails.

But, in reality, there’s more to it.

Sure, I failed in my weight goal, but lockdown made going to the gym difficult.

I read a book and a half, which is short of my goal, but it’s more than I would have done otherwise and was directly influenced by the toll the Tiny Bible Bit audit took.

I did do a few medical tasks, but again... COVID didn’t help.


So, what did I learn?

Well, to start, I did still completely fail two goals. Such is life. These goals remain.

More importantly, I did make progress on a few very pressing tasks which I’d been meaning to do for quite a while.

Vitally, I did more that I would have done - no matter to what degree - than if I hadn’t made my summer goals.

Really, this is the point. 

Having something to aim at - even if you only achieve a few of them and make progress on a few more - makes a difference. It starts with enough personal reflection to make goals and keeps these goals before you.

Thus concludeth the learnings.

No comments: