Thursday, February 20, 2014

Empowerment timeline

In many ways this blog is about me and for me. It is a resource I can go back to and "dig up that thing I blogged about ages ago." In reality, most of the time, you're just looking over my shoulder.

Today John Maxwell posted about empowerment here which I'll definitely want to revisit.


Here are the levels of empowerment that I take my people through as I gradually release responsibility to them:
  1. Look into the situation. Report back to me. I’ll decide what to do.
  2. Look into the situation. Report alternatives with pros and cons, along with your recommendation. I’ll decide what to do.
  3. Look into it. Let me know what you intend to do, but don’t do it unless I say yes.
  4. Look into it. Let me know what you intend to do, and do it unless I say no.
  5. Take action. Let me know what you did.
  6. Take action. No further interaction required.

No comments: