Saturday, January 11, 2014

The inner preacher turmoil

You can't ask that question...
How dare you!
You hypocrite!
Surely, everyone KNOWS you have a LONG WAY to go in this area!
You aren't even CLOSE to perfect!

These are just a few of the things which will go through my head when I preach tomorrow. And in this I'm not alone.

For tomorrow, on the back of this blog post, I'll be asking more than a dozen questions.

If I'm honest, deep down, there's a part of me which knows that I have no right to stand before anyone and pose challenging questions, especially in areas where I have significant room for improvement.

Herein lies the turmoil...

If a preacher boldly declares the truth from God's word then they will always run the risk of destructive self questioning.

Fortunately, when you look at the caliber of people God's used in the past, you have no doubt they were far from perfect.

That's the kind of people God uses to ask the God-inspired challenging questions...

No comments: