Thursday, November 17, 2011

What if you're not smart enough?

By the looks of it, I could have a degree in a little over a year (If I did it full-time). This week I got the results back from my first few Bachelor of Theology subjects and found out that I will receive a heap of credit from my previous study.

If you want to work long-term in a church, the people usually demand that you have a BTh.

I'm no master of intellect, but I should scrape through with at least a solid pass mark.

I wonder what happens to those who want to go into ministry but are not academically wired enough to obtain a degree?

I readily admit that having the clergy educated and equipped is important, but what if you feel genuinely called into full-time ministry, but have ADD or dyslexia?

Put bluntly, what if you are too stupid to get the grades required?

How much does the church miss out because they demand a degree from their ministers?

No comments: