Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The good words

Coming out of last Sunday night's sermon, it was mentioned that my gospel presentation was quite similar to one i did last year and is normally woven into most sermons i give.

Initially this didn't surprise me, since this particular sermon was the extension of a talk that i did a few months back. I may have used similar words due to an earlier crossover of the previous talk and another sermon.

It also didn't shock me since my basic gospel presentation doesn't change greatly.

It simply states that everyone needs God since they fall short of His perfect standard. That God became man and dealt with the God-humanity division caused by our failure. In response, we need to place our trust in what Jesus did for us upon the cross and what it achieved. He tore down the separation between us and God. We need to trust in that and place God as the number one thing in our live.

Additionally, i openly acknowledge that i normally say what the gospel is during any sermon i give.

Why?

I'll tell you tomorrow... Oh, what a cliffhanger!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been working hard to make sure I talk about Jesus death and resurrection when I cover the gospel. I used find that I'd just talk about Jesus death, or just mention the cross, but realised that dying isn't really that an impressive feat. So these days I make sure I tell people that he cam back too!