Monday, February 8, 2010

Front sitters

I hate it when people sit in the front row. It shouldn't be done. Especially in church.

Ever.

Or at least not when I'm speaking up the front.

Last night we had cafe church and whilst setting up i queried the point of placing chairs right under the nose of those up the front. It was decided that they would fill up last anyway (further making my point of their annoyance!).

Actually, I face this problem every so often at church when i preach.

On occasions, I'm preaching on the same week as a bloke (who otherwise does a fantastic job) who leads the service and then sits in the front pew. Right under your nose.

And you can't exactly ask him to move once he's sat down (unless you expect that he may be trampled during the sermon).

Maybe i just need to work a steamroller into the sermon... Or warn the first few rows that they will get wet.

No comments: