Thursday, November 13, 2008

PowerPoint Preaching

I just finished my PowerPoint presentation for Sunday 's sermon and I've noticed that the trend of using a slide show with the sermon has gone out of favour at the evening service.

I would like to say that i use slides because they help the audience retain the information they are receiving... That i find inspirational pictures to convey the audible message i am giving... Or that the visual stimulus appeals to the visual learners and visually wired blokes. But really, my reasons aren't that deep.

I use PowerPoint to keep me on track.

In preparing the sermon i can tell if my points make sense and are in the correct order. During delivery i can use the slides, and focus less on my notes. Finally, it means i get lost less if i turn two pages of notes at once (no-one likes the preacher who fiddles with his notes).

No comments: