Sunday, November 16, 2008

Blog stopper

In the book i mentioned in my last post it mentioned that it was vital for the church leadership to approve any new blogs (not necessarily the posts, just that a blog exists). It made me come to a potentially disturbing decision...

If i get a job at a church next year (here's hoping!!!) and the senior minister isn't ok with me blogging, then... the ramblings will cease (sob, sob). My ramblings will have to be contained in my head once more and the Internet will be a duller place for all...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I never got mine approved. I just blogged. I started blogging just before I started at my church. I just blogged from there on in.

I don't think I have ever explicitly said on my personal blog what church I work at. However it wouldn't take much to figure out.

They could just click on my preaching blog and "Vola" there it is.

But it was a precaution I once took more seriously.

Anyway, if my new work told me to stop blogging I'd be inclined to tell them I'm not working. Freedom of speech bro!

What's the bet God heard that and it'll come back to bite me in a year or so.