Thursday, November 20, 2008

Christian protection?

Today i thought about what i would do if two of my leaders were going out and she fell pregnant. First... Hopefully... It would be a nightmare, so I'd wake up. Second, i never resolved an answer in my mind (if you need an answer, push me for one and i may be able to squeeze one out).

But my mind further wandered to what i would say to a Christian guy who told me that he had slept with his girlfriend. In my mind, the context resolves around a repentant young chap (over 18), who has a long term missus.

I pondered if i would be happy that he used a condom. No, i don't hope they wouldn't, but why would he have one handy?

More importantly... Should he?

Should a Christian guy carry a condom with him just in case passions get the better of the two of them, or should he not have one and (if they don't abort) have unprotected sex? Hmmm... Self control should fix the problem... but that's too simple.

Again, I'm not totally resolved on the issue, but i remember that a box of condoms used to be available in the office when i was a kid in the youth ministry (When i took over the practice was abandoneed). It wasn't advertised or passed about but the idea behind it was that if they were going to do it, they should at least be safe. Furthermore, they need to go into the office to retrieve one... so you might catch them in the act and chat to them about the decision they are about to make.

No comments: