Tuesday, February 27, 2024

You only get a small dancing window

Last Sunday, during church, it occurred to me that my dancing window has now closed.

I was reminded of this as a couple of small children twirled around during the service.

Now - with my kids being 12 and 8 - the days of twirling around with my daughters, carefree during the church service, and behind me.

But I miss those shame-free days.

When the girls just liked the music.

When they just wanted to jump about.

This blasé dancing is a gift to the church.

As a parent, you’re able to catch a glimpse of the joy our a Heavenly Father must have when He watches His spiritual children.

As a church, you’re able to see what child-like faith - the kind which Jesus requires - looks like.

But, this time, like a lot of things retrospectively in parenting, was fleeting.

And, for me, the window of dancing has creaked closed.


No comments: