Saturday, August 26, 2023

Keeping a spiritual progression log

Currently, for my electives history class, they end each lesson by updating a log of the progress on their individual research projects.

By the end of their assessment task, the students must also hand in their journal, documenting the thought processes they went through and the moments of advancement of their project.

While it would be good to see a sequential advancement, there is just as much to glean from a process which includes overcoming obstacles and diverting course.

Every Christian would benefit by keeping a similar document.

They track every lesson they learn.

They record every insight.

They chronicle every inch forward.

In this way, there would be much to glean over the years.

For those in ministry, there are duties which naturally enable their processes to be memorialised.

Sermons.

Bible studies.

Reports.

Personally, I’ve retained a few of these archiving devices.

This blog.

Tiny Bible Bits.

And, as I periodically stumble over what I’ve written over the past decade, I’m taken back to the place of these words.

I recall what inspired them.

I’m sometimes surprised by them.

But every post, every article, every thought-bubble is a marker of my process log.

Mine is just slightly more public than everyone else’s.

No comments: