Monday, September 12, 2022

The difference between a sermon and a podfast

I nearly a complete degree listening to the lectures at double speed.

I listen to most of my podcasts at 1.5x.

When I listen to sermons I’ve missed at church, I will get through them in half the time they were delivered.

What affect does this have?

How is preaching impacted in the time of podfasts?

Of course, if you’re attending any presentation life, you’re fully aware that there will only be one speed.

That which the speaker decides.

And, in part, this is a powerful result.

When you listen to a sermon, under the (hopeful) guidance of the Holy Spirit, you are the recipient.

You don’t control the speed.

You don’t control the length.

You don’t, most likely, control the content.

In a podcast you dictate all of these.

But, listening to a sermon live removes you from control.


No comments: