Thursday, July 1, 2021

My inspired thoughts are the equivalent of my kids paintings

Having two children, with my youngest being five years old, I’ve seen a lot of kiddy artwork.

I’ve delighted in every drawing, painting and scribble.

But they won’t be hanging in an art gallery. Anywhere.

Why?

Because, frankly, they are of dubious quality.

Lots of stick figures.
Variable perspectives.
The colour palettes have been less than accurate.

But, again, I’ve shown delight in each one.

I guess this is how God views my “wise” thoughts.

For, I tend to think that I’m pretty clever.

I write things and think that I’m clever.
I speak in bible studies and think that I’m clever.
I look over the things I’ve pondered in the past and think that I’m clever.

In reality, I’m not.

But, when my Heavenly Father sees the “discoveries” that I’ve uncovered, He is glad for the progress and pride His child has made.

Not that I’ve a genius or biblical scholar. 


No comments: