Saturday, August 3, 2013

With one less reason... What do you expect?

This week I spoke about relationships and sex in both a year 10, public high school, scripture class and the youth group at my church.

Unsurprisingly, they responded a tad differently.

Generally, the year 10 class wanted to know where "the line" was and if an action was "too far" or "okay for a Christian."

Going into the lesson, these were the questions I expected.

The reason?
I expect non-Christians to act like unbelievers.

It shouldn't be a surprise.

So, changes are, some in my scripture class are having or have had sex.
And they are getting drunk.
And experimenting with drugs.

They have, at least, one less reason not too act differently (wanting to follow Jesus!) compared to the junior high kids at my church.

No comments: