Sunday, March 4, 2012

Fashion police

My wardrobe consists of... Two pairs of jeans, two pairs of pants, a half dozen dress shirts, half a dozen button up shirts, a half dozen Polo shirts, fours suits and a heck of a lot of T-shirts.

If I'm honest, I have around 20 outfits which I'll cycle through and switch about.

When I teach scripture or speak in chapel I dress "up." Long pants and a collared shirt if I'm going onto a school campus, business attire of I'm up front for chapel.

In vain, I'll try to avoid a nearly inevitable awkward situation.

I'll attempt to swap the order of shirts I wear for chapel (making sure I don't pick my favourites in the repetitive Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday order). If I'm desperate, I'll throw in a shirt I'm not particularly fond of, but will have the hint of originality.

Why go to all the effort?

To dodge the one question that haunts me...

"Graham, didn't you wear that last lesson?"
(Fortunately, if this member of the fashion police is in their school uniform, my answer is normally... "So were you!")

1 comment:

Cathy of Eye Puffiness said...

Nice posted article, interesting and so persuasive. Great job!