Saturday, October 23, 2010

Recruiting the warriors

Last night i was anxious. I expected that everything would be fine (I'll post tomorrow some of what we did last night), but my gut i was uneasy.

So i made a call for back up.

I searched out the prayer warriors. I asked the people at church, who are renowned for prayer, who would accept an invitation to pray for the youth group.

With a few calls, i had 2 bible studies and a dozen pairs of faithful people praying at the moment when i would be giving the talk.

The reminders i received through the whole afternoon?

One - People, when asked to pray, will do so happily and feel a great sense of involvement (especially if they are elderly).

Two - I gained a huge wave of relief, mindful that what we were doing was being supported and uplifted by others.

No comments: