Sunday, September 5, 2010

Miscarriage lessons

On the back of my Father's Day post... some things i have learnt from my wife and i going through an early-term miscarriage.

First, miscarriages suck. Big time. And it is a pain that you go through is in near isolation. No-one knows you're pregnant, and no-one is aware when you lose the baby.

Second, miscarriages are common. Really common. Nearly-every-woman-i-have-spoken-to-about-it common. And the pain of loss remains. For years.

Third, I would love there to be a ministry for these couples. I just don't know how it would work, but something should be done.

Finally, jokes about having kids are NOT COOL! I used to do them. Often. Way too often. I have now stopped. The reason? You have NO IDEA how painful they could be because you have no idea now hard it is to conceive or if they have recently (or not so) lost a baby. Don't risk it. Just don't.

No comments: