Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Is it ok to buy love?

I don’t mind admitting that I buy love. Strategically.

I did it last week.

I did it while working as a youth minister.


Last week I paid to boost an apt Tiny Bible Bit about anger.

In the past I have printed hundreds of business cards and countless fliers.

Over the years I have given away many prizes in scripture classes and youth group.

Each year I would routinely spend hundreds of dollars taking my leaders out for meals and getaways.


None of this was mandated.

I never had to spend as much as I did in ministry or add my coin to the Facebook coffers.


But, you spend money on things which you deem valuable.


Additionally, when you spend money with an eye on the outcomes, the expenses - rightly or otherwise - are deemed an investment.


Frankly, most of the money I spent in ministry could have been saved.

I could have kept $50 in my bank account last week.


But, if you don’t personally invest in what you’re doing - hopefully wisely, with some strategic purpose - then why would you expect anyone else to?

No comments: