Monday, January 23, 2017

"Second Chances" starring Graham

A few weeks back I watched the Star Trek episode "Second Chances" and, not for the first time, wondered if I would like me...

Would I like me if I were my boss?
Would I like me as a workmate?
Would I like me as a member of my church?
Would I like me as a leader in my church?
Would I like me socially?

In short, I'm not exactly sure.

I'm not sure because I both put on a pretty good masquerade, but I'm also intimately aware of my many shortcomings.

Now, as you might be able to tell from the sentence above, this isn't exactly fair since I have a perspective within myself that no one else has.

But, I think the thought exercise is an important one.

Because, what if you wouldn't like you?

How would you view yourself?
What would you notice first?
What would annoy you?
Would you be threatened by yourself?
What should you change?

On a more positive slant, what value would you add?
Would you recognise it?
Would you allow it to be exercised?

No comments: